Closing Date: 11/12/2021
Salary: $37.54 – $40.39
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location: Home Support Community Program
We are looking for a Full time Care Manager to work within our Community Aged Services Team. In this role you will manage allocated cases within Home Support Services including the management and supervision of Home Care Employees (HCEs), entering services into the client management systems, managing invoices, and liaising with other services providing care and assistance to clients of the service. You will also be an advocate for clients’ rights with regards to access and quality care.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social Science, Allied Health or Nursing;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the needs of aged clients and their carers;
- Extensive experience in the Aged Care sector or related work;
- Demonstrated experience in case management in the aged care sector;
- Knowledge of Consumer Direct Care packages, programs and standards;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and its implications for clients;
- Ability to assess client support needs clinically and develop care plans that support those needs;
- Understanding of person-centred approach to client care;
- Ability to mediate difficult situations and crises with clients, carers and service providers.
- Ability to monitor, supervise and direct staff in the management of client needs;
- Knowledge, sensitivity and an understanding of Jewish values, heritage and culture.
Please address the above criteria in your Cover Letter and CV.
This role is SCHADS Level 4 – the salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
To Apply, please visit our website https://jewishcare.com.au/work-with-us/current-vacancies/
You will have the opportunity to work for a supportive and growing organisation with a person-centred approach to providing services and have the chance to make a difference in our clients’ lives. Employees are also eligible for NFP salary packaging options which can increase your take home pay. JewishCare NSW is an EEO Employer committed to the principles of cultural diversity and gender equality. We offer a family friendly flexible workplace and ongoing learning and development opportunities.
JewishCare NSW has been the major provider of services to the Jewish community in Sydney for over 80 years. In order to achieve our mission of supporting and strengthening the resilience and independence of our community, we offer assistance in the areas of Child and Family Services, Mental Health Programs, Disability Services and Community Aged Services. We are passionate about the work that we do and believe that our staff are our most important asset in providing the best care and support to the vulnerable.
***Please note that all shortlisted applicants for these position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and visa check (if applicable).