Russian Speaking Caseworker
Closing Date: 06/06/2022
Salary: $37.54 – $40.39
Job Type: Permanent – Part Time
Location: Home Support Community Program
Job Category: Community Services and Development,Health, Medical & Pharmaceutical,Other,Program & Project Management,Voluntary, Charity & Social Work
We are looking for a Part Time Russian speaking Caseworker to work within our Social Worker Team in Community Aged Services Department. In this role you will undertake initial client comprehensive psycho-social assessments to identify their needs and strengths, develop case plans with clients and monitor progress against the case plan when required, run events and functions for our Russian speaking seniors including functions to celebrate Jewish festivals.
This is a Part Time position for 2 days Mondays and Thursdays between 09:00 -17:00.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work (preferable registered with AASW);
- Ability to assess client support needs clinically and develop care plans that support those needs;
- Understanding of person-centred approach to client care;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and its implications for clients;
- Current unrestricted Australian driver’s license;
- WH&S principles;
- Previous experience in undertaking client assessments and developing case plans;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and its implications for participants.
- Knowledge, sensitivity and an understanding of Jewish values, heritage and culture.
Please address the above criteria in your Cover Letter and CV.
This role is SCHADS Level 4 – the salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
JewishCare is a not-for-profit diverse and inclusive organisation. We offer fulfilling, rewarding and diverse career opportunities for growth and development. We strive to provide best evidence-based client-directed care, while also supporting their families and the local community thanks to over 260 employees and 400 volunteers. We are an EEO Employer committed to the principles of cultural diversity and gender equality
On offer is:
- NFP salary packaging options which can increase your fortnightly pay.
- Employee Assistance programs for you and your family
- Ongoing Learning & Development opportunities.
- A family-friendly flexible workplace
JewishCare NSW has been the major provider of services to the Jewish community in Sydney for over 80 years. In order to achieve our mission of supporting and strengthening the resilience and independence of our community, we offer assistance in the areas of Child and Family Services, Mental Health Programs, Disability Services and Community Aged Services. We are passionate about the work that we do and believe that our staff are our most important asset in providing the best care and support to the vulnerable.
Please visit our website , “ Work with us” section, https://jewishcare.com.au/work-with-us/ and apply for the positions you are interested directly.