Janna has worked with a focus on corporate/commercial advice specifically on public and private M&A transactions, private equity and corporate governance.
Janna has acted on numerous share and business sale transactions, public takeovers and schemes of arrangement over 10 years as a commercial lawyer. She has also been involved in share purchase plans and employee incentive schemes, convertible note issues and private placements for listed and unlisted companies.
Janna has a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Bachelor of Laws and Master of Laws (Media, Communications and Information Technology) from University of New South Wales. A former Senior Associate at Maddocks, Janna joined Ash St. in April, 2014.
A sample of matters on which Janna has acted in recent times include:
- Advising Saputo Inc. (Montreal based, TSX listed) on its $0.5 billion successful public takeover of Warrnambool Cheese and Butter
- Advising the Constellation Software Inc. group of companies (Toronto based, TSX listed) in relation to numerous acquisitions of companies in Australia by its various divisions (Friedman, Jonas, Volaris, Trapeze)
- Acting for Navis Capital and its portfolio companies for over 10 years
- Acting for Cryosite Limited (ASX listed) on replacing its Constitution and updating Insurance Access and Indemnity Deeds for directors
- Preparing numerous applications for approval for foreign investments under the Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Act, liaisons with the Foreign Investments Review Board
- Secondment to Sydney Ports Corporation during the sale of its Port Botany assets for $4.3 billion to private sector
- Considerable experience advising on and preparing a wide variety of commercial documents including confidentiality agreements, term sheets/heads of agreement, consultancy agreements, shareholders agreements, asset and share sale agreements, subscription agreements, company constitutions.
Bachelor of Laws (UNSW)
Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting (UNSW)
Master of Laws – Media, Communications and Information Technology (UNSW)
DATE OF ADMISSION
July 2004 – Supreme Court of New South Wales
Senior Associate, Corporate & M&A
61 2 8651 8708 Direct
0409 168 706