Bilingual Russian/English Diversional Therapist
Closing Date: 07/12/2020
Salary: $30.29 – $32.84
Job Type: Casual
Location: Burger Centre
Job Category: Community Services and Development,Health, Medical & Pharmaceutical,Sport and Recreation,Voluntary, Charity & Social Work
Burger Centre offers a diverse range of leisure programs for older people to continue to feel connected with the community with a strong sense of purpose and fulfilment. The programs on offer include Respite for Carers, Social Support and Wellness. The Burger Centre is located in Randwick. The Centre is a joint partnership between Montefiore and Jewish Care and is funded by Communal and Commonwealth Home Support Program Funding.
Burger Centre is looking for Bilingual (Russian/English) speaking Diversional Therapist who can facilitate Programs in both Russian & English.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed person to join our team working with older members of the community who may be living with Dementia or other aged related conditions. This person will be responsible for facilitating a range of social and leisure activities across a range of cognitive, cultural, creative, physical, spiritual and social domains.
You must be available Monday to Friday between 9.00 and 15.30.
The salary is based on the Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010 Level 1.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Qualifications in Diversional Therapy / Certificate IV in Leisure & Health or minimum 2 years’ experience working with frail older people;
- A current First Aid Certificate including CPR;
- Experience working with people living with Dementia or other cognitive impairments
- Excellent communications skills;
- Strong Computer skills including Office Suite and Client Management System;
- Program planning and facilitation;
- Proficiency in Russian and English both verbal and written;
- Person Centre approach and an understanding of Aged Care Quality Standards;;
- Qualifications in Arts, Music or Drama;
- An understanding of Jewish culture and traditions.
Please address the above criteria in your Cover Letter.
If you are passionate about making a difference to older peoples’ daily lives with attention to detail, driven by creativity we look forward to receiving your application.
!!! Please note that all shortlisted applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and visa check (if applicable) and willingness to have annual Flu Vaccine.